Replacement purifier cartridges for the GEOPRESS are designed to last 350 cycles (65 gal. / 250L). Lifespan will decline when purifying water with high levels of silt, sediment or tannins. Cartridge press time increases towards the end of the cartridge lifespan; when press time reaches 25-30 seconds, the cartridge should be replaced. Cartridge continues to protect, even as press time increases.
- Removes waterborne pathogens (viruses, bacteria, protozoan cysts), including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery and more
- Filters: particulates (sediment, microplastics) and many chemicals, pesticides, and heavy metals
- Improves taste, smell and clarity
- Active Technology: Electroadsorption and ultra-powdered activated carbon.
- Chemical-free: Yes
- Size: 2.9" (7.3 cm) H x 3.1" (7.8 cm) W
- Weight: 3.8 oz (108 g)
- Removes: waterborne pathogens (99.99% of viruses, 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.9% of protozoan cysts), including Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Giardiasis, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery and more
- Filters: particulates (i.e. silt, microplastics, etc.); activated carbon effectively adsorbs chemicals, pesticides, heavy metals, flavors, and odors
- Fast Flow Rate: 8 seconds per 24oz (5 liters/minute)
- Cartridge lifespan: rated for 350 cycles (65 gal. / 250L), as “press time” reaches ~25 seconds (or three years have elapsed since first use) it’s time to replace your purifier cartridge
- Cartridge shelf life: stored under proper conditions, an unused (and airtight) purifier cartridge has a shelf life of 10 years
- BPA-Free materials: made from ABS food-grade plastic and food-grade silicone
- Testing standards: independently tested by a certified laboratory to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI protocol 42 and 53 for pathogen and chemical removal; meets the the United States Environmental Protection Agency's Guide Standard and Protocol for testing microbiological water purifiers
- Origin: Designed in United States; purifier cartridge media made in United States; cartridge made in China