The Desert Sand and Olive Green color options are part of our 2022 Fall Color Release. These are not part of a special or limited edition run. Instead, if a product/color sells well and the response from YakAttack's retailers and customers is positive then a color in a specific product might stick around for a few seasons.
The original hard-sided kayak crate just got better. A lot better. Introducing the completely redesigned BlackPak Pro.
The result of intense collaboration and more than a year of R&D and design, the BlackPak Pro is fully riggable and boasts a hinged lid, 25% weight reduction, and best-in-class functionality. Enhancements include many things you might have expected, as well as some true-to-the-brand features that no one saw coming.
Size and Weight
The BLP-PRO-13X13 is 13” x 13” x 13” (L,W,H) and weights in at 6.9 lbs. without TetherTubes and 8.2 lbs. with the included three TetherTubes .
The BLP-PRO-13X16 is 13” x 16” x 13” (L,W,H) and weighs in at 7.6 lbs. without TetherTubes and 9.2 lbs. with the included four TetherTubes.
Construction and Assembly
Injection-molded from UV stabilized polymers, the BlackPak Pro will last for many years, even in harsh marine environments. The ultra-stiff panels utilize a rib structure that offers exceptional rigidity with minimal weight, while their interlocking joints ensure an intuitive, frustration-free assembly process. Interlocking GridLoc panels utilize a tongue and groove edge design to make assembly a breeze. Just press them together (they won’t fall apart during assembly) and install the (included) stainless steel screws using a simple screwdriver.
The water shedding lid with fully adjustable hinges allows you to go from freely pivoting to a sticky setting that maintains the lid position when you let go of it, while integrated overtravel stops keep the lid within reach and limit it to a manageable angle. Sound dampening rubber bumpers ensure quiet closing of the lid, and the unique CatchLatch retention system secures the lid in a simple but surprisingly functional manner.
The included four TetherTube rod holders with integrated but easily removable hook and tether systems ensure your rods stay put if things go wrong. Caged attachment points on both sides of the tube offer multiple hook points, and the oversized hook design is sized to attach directly to the shaft of your fishing rod if desired. The TetherTube rod holder mounts to the GridLoc panels using at least three of the four standoff pads, enabling several vertical positioning options. Mount them high for rods with long butts, or mount them low to elevate the BlackPak Pro into the HighNDry position. Additional TetherTubes are available for purchase as single and two packs.
Rubber feet offer noise dampening and isolation, while Omni corner brackets enable multiple hold-down methods. They are designed as attachment points for YakAttack OmniHooks (four of which are included), generic hooks, carabiners, or simple bungee.
Optimized for a wide variety of tackle boxes, including Plano 3700, Plano Edge, Bass Mafia Bait Coffin, Flambeau, and many more.
The key to customizing and accessorizing the BlackPak Pro lies in the highly revolutionary GridLoc 2D mounting system, which offers a plethora of attachment points on the inside and outside of the panels. This gives our design team a platform for which they can design a myriad of dividers, holders, and other attachments. Development of these accessories is already underway!
- When measuring your kayak's tankwell add 2.75" for every side you intend to attach TetherTubes
- Build for use in harsh marine conditions
- Includes stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Built for Life Guarantee
- SKU: BLP-PRO-13X13-OG
- Hinged lid with secure latches
- New lightweight construction
- GridLoc Mounting Platform located on every panel
- Rubberized feet and built in noise dampening features
13 x 13"
- 3 Rod Holders with built-in rod leashes
- Optimized for 3600 sized tackle boxes
- Fits eight 3600 Plano boxes
- Internal dimensions (L, W, H) – 11.9” x 11.9” x 11.75”
- External dimensions (L, W, H) – 12.94” x 12.94” x 13.3”
- 6.9 lbs. without TetherTubes and 8.2 lbs. with included three TetherTubes
13 x 16"
- 4 Rod Holders with built-in rod leashes
- Optimized for 3700 sized tackle boxes
- Fits five 3700 tackle boxes
- Internal dimensions (L, W, H) – 11.9” x 14.9” x 11.75”
- External dimensions (L, W, H) – 12.94” x 15.94” x 13.3”
- 7.6 lbs. without TetherTubes and 9.2 lbs. with the included four TetherTubes